Museum logo
Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Collection Number RG0815.AM
Collection Name RG0815 Congregational Church (Brownville, Neb.)
Identifier Church records
Size and Materials 3 items
Title Congregational Church (Brownville, Neb.) records
Date or Date Span 1858
Year Range from 1858
Year Range to 1858
Admin/Biographical History The Congregational Church at Brownville, Nebraska, was organized on June 23, 1858, with Rev. Thomas W. Tipton as pastor. As an organized body, the congregation ceased in 1860, with most of its members joining the Presbyterian Church. The church building was purchased by the Methodists. The building also served as the high school and briefly was Brownville College.
Level of description Fonds/Coll
Scope & Content This collection consists of three items relating to the Congregational Church at Brownville, Nebraska. The first item is a handwritten minute book dating from 1858 containing minutes, creed, covenant and constitution of the church. The other two items are printed/published copies of the Creed, Constitution and Rules of the Church (excerpted from the original minute book).
Subjects Churches
People Tipton, Thomas Weston, 1817-1899
Search Terms Brownville (Neb.) -- History
Congregational Church (Brownville, Neb.)
Churches -- Nebraska -- Nemaha County