Museum logo
Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Collection Number RG0942.AM
Collection Name RG0942 Methodist Episcopal Church (Cowles, Neb.)
Identifier Church records
Size and Materials 3 volumes (photocopies only)
Title Methodist Episcopal Church (Cowles, Neb.) collection
Date or Date Span 1885-1938
Year Range from 1885
Year Range to 1938
Admin/Biographical History The Methodist Episcopal congregation of Cowles, Nebraska was organized in 1885, with Rev. John bean serving as part-time minister. At first, services were held in local schoolhouses. The congregation purchased one of these schoolhouses, and moved it to the corner of 4th and Franklin Street. In 1908, this building was renovated and rededicated. This building, although it has undergone some changes during the intervening years, still serves the congregation.
Scope & Content This collection consists of three volumes of manuscript material arranged in one series: 1) Church Records, 1885-1938. Included are membership, baptismal, and marriage records, 1885-1938, as well as historical material on the Methodist Episcopal Church of Cowles, Nebraska and the Methodist Episcopal Church of Eckley, Nebraska. The Methodist Episcopal Church of Eckley joined with the Cowles Methodist Episcopal Church in November 1938.
Finding Aids Methodist Episcopal Church (Cowles, Neb.) finding aid
Subjects Churches
Methodist Episcopal churches
Search Terms Church records and registers -- Nebraska -- Webster County
Cowles (Neb.) -- Churches
Eckley (Neb.) -- Churches
Methodist Episcopal Church (Cowles, Neb.)
Methodist Episcopal Church (Eckley, Neb.)
Webster County (Neb.) -- Churches
Webster County (Neb.) -- History