|Description||Rust colored silk floor length brown skirt has a flat front and gathered rear. Brown taffeta ribbon trim on front is gathered in two lines beginning at waistband and traveling three quarters of the way down front and ending in a curlique. Rust colored trim edges the bottom of the skirt. Skirt is lined in brown cotton twill. Two hook and eye closures at the rear on the waistband fasten the skirt to the bodice. Worn by Clara Ehlers during her Janurary 4, 1900 marriage to Friedrich Mueller in a double wedding with her sister, Emma.|
|Material||Silk, Cotton, Metal|
|Used||USA: Nebraska (Seward), Marysville|
Mueller, Clara Mathelde Ehlers
Nicolaus, Emma S. Ehlers
|Other Name||Skirt, Women's|
This wedding dress was worn by Clara Ehlers Mueller in a double wedding with her sister, Emma Ehlers Nicolaus. The sisters wore identical dresses. Emma's dress is in the collection of the Seward County Museum. The wedding took place on January 4, 1900 at the Zion Lutheran Church.
Clara married Friedrich Mueller.
Emma married Ernest Nicolaus, who had come to Seward County in 1883. From 1893-1908 he worked on a farm near Staplehurst. From 1908 to 1917 he was the owner of a mill in Marysville and later operated a mill in Staplehurst.
|Credit line||Jon Kruse, Seward, Nebraska|
|Relation||Show Related Records...|